The Year Behind
The year 2007 was quite eventful and interesting for me both professionally and personally. In a nutshell things that happened in 2007:
- had to own up an entirely new responsibility while letting go of those for which I had worked so very hard
- my worst dream comes true (my manager leaves)
- worked very hard to deliver goods in my new position (thanks to the terrific support from my wonderful colleagues Akhil and Prasanthi
- was the first in my team to actually sell something (all credit to the terrific inputs and able guidance of my new manager)
- went to Mumbai on my first business trip (a rewarding experience)
- got two fabulous people in my team to work with (enjoying every moment of it)
- it had been an year that my father passed away ( I miss you dad)
- started exercising regularly
- learnt the hard way that I should not tax my body too much
- started meditation (the best thing that I have done in 2007)
The Year Ahead
Now the plans for the year ahead. I love to be organised and keep things organised. Being organised will be a priority because it will certainly help me take on additional responsibilities this year. Here are a few tips from Organise Yourself Online that I found interesting:
- Know what you want to do – Everything starts with your goals.
- Work with a friend – You will be amazed at how much more you can accomplish.
- Track your progress – Make your successes count.
- Stay curious – The more you want to know, the more you will learn.
- Seize the day – Each year gets underway only once!
- Give something back – Sharing with others motivates you to accomplish more.
- Take small steps – It will not happen all at once.
- Keep at it – Finish what you start.
- Inspire yourself – Plant seeds today that will blossom for you in the future.
- Put it all together – Start working now.